The owner or owner’s representative is responsible for determining the acceptability of the product prior to installation. All Installations should be done by a professional tile installer.
1. Measuring: Measure coverage area, make sure to purchase at least 10% extra material than is required. This will account for any breakage or mis-cuts during installation, and ensure you have extra material should you have to replace any tile elements in the future.
2. Verifying Dye Lot Consistency: The owner or end user is responsible for determining the acceptability of the product. Due to the handmade, artistic nature of our product, variation in color, shade, tone, and size is normal.
3. Setting Material: Because of the translucent nature of glass, the color of the bonding material will impact the ultimate look of the tile. We highly recommend the use of white polymer modified white thin-set.
Acceptable Thin-Sets (White Color):
4. Cutting: Plan the placement of the tiles on your wall prior to installation. If you need to cut a mosaic sheet, cut from the back using a utility knife between tiles along the grout joints. Should you need to cut across tiles in a fashion that is not possible with a utility knife, use a wet saw with a diamond blade to cut through the tile.
5. Drilling: Using a drill bit designed for glass is recommended. When drilling the hole, keep the bit and hole lubricated to prevent chipping. Start by drilling from both ends of the tile, starting with the back and drilling half the depth of the tile. Then, turn the tile over and complete the hole is recommended. This will prevent the glass from chipping as the drill bit exits the tile.
6. Applying Setting Materials:
7. Cleaning: Clean all excess grout immediately with a damp sponge. After 12 hours polish off any remaining haze with a dry cloth or towel. For tough stains, we require the use of PH Neutral cleaner to clean the tile and grout, such as Grout & Tile neutral cleaner.
Required to use a soft bristle brush to scrub the tile surfaces and grout. Take care to only use a soft bristle brush, to avoid the chance of scratching or damaging the grout. Then, simply wipe the surface, rinse well with clean water, and dry with a soft clean towel.
Required to use PH Neutral Cleaner to clean the tile and grout, such as Grout & Tile Neutral Cleaner
We strongly recommend customers to use a licensed tile contractor to do the tile installation
and always use TCNA tile installation handbook as the installation guidance.
Shade variations are inherent in material. After receiving your order, please inspect the products for any defects or problems. After installation, Elysium disclaims any liabilities. Elysium will not be responsible for materials or labor charges that are reinstalled or altered in any way. Absolutely no guarantees against scratching or wear of surfaces, unless guarantee is presented. We accept no responsibility for any slipping, mishap or injury. Seller cannot be responsible for delays caused by conditions beyond its control, including but not limited to, delays in production or shipping and delays caused by work stoppages and/or accidents. All claims for shortage, damage or discrepancies must be made at the time of delivery. All sales are final. Authorized returns are subject to a 25% restocking fee plus shipping charges (refer to Elysium return policy).
All returns require an RMA issued by our office. Any box received without an RMA # clearly visible on the outside of the box will be refused. The customer is responsible for the shipping cost. The goods must be packaged well as no credit will be given for damaged items due to poor packaging.
Returns received within 30 days of purchase date will be charged a 25% restocking fee. Any orders returned after 30-60 days will be charged a 30% restocking fee. No returns will be accepted after 60 days.
Restocking fee will be waived for an even exchange. However the customer will be responsible for paying any excess charge associated with the exchange (i.e. original shipping, return shipping, reshipping of the new product.)
If the customer receives damaged items and Elysium Tiles arranged the shipping, we must be notified immediately with pictures that show how the shipment was received. This is so we can file a claim with our shipping company. We will then send you a return label and reship the items at no extra charge. After 15 days, Elysium retains the right to deny any claim regarding damaged items.
If the customer receives damaged items and he/she arranged the shipping, it is up to the customer to take pictures of how the shipment was received. The customer will then file a claim with his/her shipping company.
If the customer receives wrong items, we must be notified immediately with pictures of the wrong item(s). We will then send you a return label free of charge and exchange the product at no extra cost. After 30 days, Elysium retains the right to deny the claim to exchange items.